Friday 30 April 2010

Alarms and Excursions


Today’s hint is this: when you go away on a journey, make sure you turn off any alarm clocks you leave behind.

I admit I’m not blameless in this regard. I once left my alarm (which is one of those that gets louder and louder the longer you leave it) set and swanned off to New York, causing some consternation for my flatmate who couldn’t work out how to turn it off. But I learned my lesson and have been very conscientious about this ever since.

This morning, I was woken up at 5.30 by an alarm going off somewhere in the house. Confused and still mostly asleep, I couldn’t work out where it was coming from. Eventually I gave up and put my head under the pillow.

I don’t think the owner of the alarm did this deliberately, but it does add insult to injury for the poor stay-at-home.

No comments:

Post a Comment