Monday 19 December 2011

Advent 2011: Door 18


Another gem from Ms Davidson:
The choice of apartments, like that of a partner for life, should not be lightly taken in hand and entered into. 
I think there are some travellers to whom accommodation matters little (all they require is a roof over their heads and the most basic of facilities) but I can't say I'm one of them.  It's not that I need luxury - but feeling happy in my home, however temporary, is key to my feeling happy in my explorations.  The basics: a bed, a bath, something for making coffee, a window to look out of while drinking my coffee.  It's worth putting the time and effort in to finding a decent place to stay and making it yours (hello Ikea, charity shops) even if it's just for a few weeks.  A blanket/shawl/scarf makes a good throw; books always brighten up a room; a cheerful coffee cup; a few flowers in a jar ... none of them cost much and all of them will make you feel more at home in your new surroundings.


No comments:

Post a Comment