Sunday 18 December 2011

Advent 2011: Door 17


Yesterday's hint: when funds are low and a Lady Traveller can't afford a plane fare, may I recommend the mini break chez les parents?

Since returning to live in Dublin (after not really living here since I was 19), I now have the luxury of being a 20 minute walk from my parents' home.  A couple of weekends ago, I went to visit my parents on a Friday evening and ended up staying until Sunday night.

My papa went to New York on Saturday morning, but my mama and I spent time going to the local farmers' market, moving furniture (this was actually quite fun), reading the weekend papers, listening to the Met opera broadcast, drinking wine.  On Sunday afternoon we went to watch West Side Story on the big screen (excellent), preceded by a little gentle Christmas shopping.

When we weren't doing these things we were eating - delicious fish on Friday evening, croissants on Saturday morning, roast chicken on Saturday evening, scrambled egg on Sunday morning.

The revelation to me was that I appreciate a weekend at home as much as I did when actually getting home involved at least one flight, and, more recently, two or three or four.

No comments:

Post a Comment