Friday 15 January 2010

Seasonal Affective Disorder



This has been me today. Very dozy. I suppose you can't go from a seven-month long summer straight into winter and not throw your system out of whack.

I woke up at 6.30 this morning, very confused because it was so dark. I thought about getting up but decided against it. At 4.30 this afternoon, it was dark again. I'm currently resisting the urge to go back to sleep.

In short, my body is going into hibernation mode. I am fighting this HARD and promise, promise, promise, I will be back to writing coherent posts tomorrow.

PS my mother, aka Rattdl, pointed out that I had misspelled 'woolie' in yesterday's post. It should be 'woollie'.

Home is where someone lovingly prepares the fatted lasagna, puts a hot water bottle in your bed and points out your spelling mistakes.

5 comments:

  1. I'm confused. Why are you fighting the urge to go to sleep? Surely sleep is a good thing. If not, I've been wasting my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I am my mother's daughter, may I point out that it is in fact spelled 'lasagne'?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was my mother's daughter first, and the Shorter Oxford English Dictionary has both 'lasagne' and 'lasagna'. So there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes but it also says that Lasagne is to be preferred because lasagna would be singular and that would be a contradiction in terms. I think that's misuse of the habitual lasagne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hate to do this, (actually I lie, I love it) surely it's "woolly"?

    ReplyDelete