Friday 27 November 2009

Trail of Burns/Ring of Fire

‘Ring of Fire’ is my Burns theme tune, from when we were working on the pitch to design the Burns Museum and I kept humming it. At first I couldn’t work out why, and then I realised: it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. So please have Mr Johnny Cash playing in your head while you read the following.

Before I left London, I promised the Burns team that I would look out for memorials to the bard on my travels. Supposedly, there are more monuments/memorials/tribute-type-things to him than any other writer.

I haven’t found a statue just yet, but on my walks to Observatory, the next ‘hood over, I noticed the following:

Burns is sandwiched between Addison,

who I think would have been good for a laugh, and Coleridge.

Coleridge would have been more of a ‘like totally man, I’m on this way out awesome trip man, it’s like totally dark.’

If I find any more Burns tributes, I’ll post them. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment