Monday 18 October 2010

The Runners Are Dead

I brought my blue Converse runners which were, admittedly, on their last legs (feet?) on the hike. They began to smell pretty bad, so I left them outside my tent one night. The next morning they were soaked from the dew so I stuck them in a plastic bag. When I opened the plastic bag back in Melbourne, there was mould on the shoes. I took this as a clear sign that I needed to throw these runners out.

BUT I had signed up to do another (short) hike on World Food Day (Saturday) so I needed something else to wear. I can’t put my hiking boots back on until my toes have recovered, so I went in search of some new runners.

And in the Adidas outlet store on Smith St I found these:

They are light, comfortable and every time I look down at my feet in them I smile.

The runners are dead. Long live the runners.

1 comment:

  1. Just don't think to replace your blue converse with red ones, like that bold LTBS. The red converse are MINE.

    ReplyDelete