Friday 25 November 2011

How I Took the Good Train from Nice to Aix


Today I am flying to Nice (why, yes - I will be tossing bouquets over the wing of my little plane) and then taking the train to Aix to visit the adorable nephews (and their lovely mother).

The TGV from Nice is slow: all the better to take in the views along the Cote d'Azur.   I will be sitting in 1st class (only €3 extra = flexible ticket), drinking wine and taking photos.

As my eldest nephew would say: ees disgoostin'.

A bientôt!

PS wondering about today's title?  See here.  And okay - it's a different Aix, but still.

1 comment:

  1. I was planning a reverse adaptation of the poem title last July, but the determination of a certain young person to hijack the 'fete nationale' as a personal 'fete' combined with the torrential rain scuppered the plan. My generation learned the poem in primary school and I have travelled from Aix la Chapelle to Ghent.FKArattdl

    ReplyDelete