Thursday 11 March 2010

KC Peaches



Yesterday I went into the city centre to do some research.
The research was a bust, because despite going through boxes and boxes of papers, I couldn’t find what I was looking for.

HowEVER, the day was redeemed by two things.

1. My mode of transport. My love affair with Dublin Bikes continues and now I am the proud holder of an annual card. So yesterday morning, I walked 15 minutes to the Mater hospital, picked up a bike and cycled all the way to Pearse St. The sun shone, the sky was blue (and so was my bike), I rang my little bell and generally felt very pleased with life.

2. My lunch. I persuaded my lunch companion to meet me at KC Peaches which is in the Trinity Enterprise Centre on Pearse St, more or less at the edge of the known universe. Not very prepossessing from the outside (horrible red brick - the enterprise centre look, I suppose) but charming inside. We were a bit on the late side for lunch and there wasn’t much in the way of sandwiches left, but the salads looked great. The coffee was excellent,

as was the green-iced pecan-shortbread shamrock we shared.

So things could have been a lot worse, really.

3 comments:

  1. Pearse Street "edge of the known universe"??? You have been spending WAY too much time in Dublin 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is if it's the far end of Pearse St, beside the canal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't Remember my Pseudonym11 March 2010 at 16:54

    I am delighted you have your bike card and look forward to a cycle soon.

    ReplyDelete