Friday 5 February 2010

Hints to Water Sliders

I was kept highly entertained in Harare by Molly and Rory, Robbie’s four (and a half) year old niece and two (and a half) year old nephew (the halves are very important). There was also the super-cute eight month old Jessica, but she doesn’t come into this story.

Anyway, I spent lots of time hanging out with Molly and Rory who referred to me as ‘Eithena’, ‘you’ or ‘that other adult’. All very affectionally, I should add – we became great friends.

Molly and Rory are pros on the water slide. Here they are demonstrating the correct procedure.

1. Put your hands out in front of you.


2. Launch yourself, belly first, down the slide. (Little brothers dance in place while awaiting turn.)


3. The geronimo approach.


4. Big splash.


5. Dismount.


6. Rinse and repeat.


Some days I'd like very much to be four and a half again.

1 comment:

  1. Love these the kids will love the pics when I show them this evening. R

    ReplyDelete