Wednesday 11 January 2012

Roma, Bella Roma


I am going to Rome next week.  I am very excited about this.

Believe it or not, I've never been to Rome before in my life.  People are surprised by this - a nice, art-loving, history-studying, food-obsessing girl like me, who hasn't been to Rome?

I'm going to Rome in the company of my mama and sisters, so won't lack for company and entertainment.

On the agenda:

a trip to the opera
the Caravaggio frescoes at San Luigi dei Francesi
a visit to the mozzarella bar Obika (hat tip to Tadhg's mammy)
much gelato eating
an archaeologist (Hints to Lady Travellers's Little Sister)-led tour of the forum
drinking our cappuccinos standing up at the bar, Italian-style

possibly going to the Vatican so I can cross off no. 49 on my life list: visit a new country every year.  (Although I'm also going to Hong Kong in March ... wait, does that count as a new country?  Perhaps the Vatican + Hong Kong together = new country.)

... and, I'm sure, more besides.

Any hints?  Please don't be shy - feel free to add in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment