Monday 14 February 2011

Right Here, Right Now

So, where are you right now, Eithne?  I'm in New Zealand.

Narrow it down a little, can't you?  All right, I'm in Auckland.  I'm sitting by the open window of my hotel room and for the last hour I've been watching the sky.  And before that I was drinking a very nice glass of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, crying salty tears into it as I watched the final ever episode of Gilmore Girls.

I usually am pretty good about going out and exploring when I'm travelling for work, but I have to say I draw the line at sitting by myself in a restaurant on Valentine's Day ....  Plus, I'm pretty exhausted, having arrived here late last night/early this morning for work.  I had only a few hours' sleep and then a full day of meetings but there are some compensations:

1. bright sunshine all day
2. having the foresight to download my favourite tv to my laptop before I left Australia
3. a glass of wine and a Reese's peanut butter cup (so wrong and yet so right)

I didn't really have all that much to share, but I just really wanted to update my blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment