Friday 3 June 2011

Mr Tulk
















I have written of my love for the State Library of Victoria on a previous occasion.  But I thought the café, Mr Tulk, deserved some special love of its own.  Named after Augustus Tulk, the first librarian, this is my favourite place to go for a coffee or lunch in Melbourne's CBD.

It's good for breakfast, good for coffee, good for lunch, good for cake, good for after-work drinks on Friday.  Their flat whites are impeccable and the chocolate blueberry muffins worth a detour. The décor is appropriately bookish and the place is always full of people reading.  Naturally.

I went there recently with Georgie and Sunny and had the excellent chicken coleslaw salad (kind of an Asian take on traditional coleslaw - no mayonnaise).

Perfect for when you need a break from sight-seeing or studying.
















"They call me MISTER Tu-".  Actually they don't, they call it Tulk's.

No comments:

Post a Comment