Tuesday 16 November 2010

Onwards & Eastwards


It's ironic really. This is, to all intents and purposes, a travel blog - but most often, the thing that gets in the way of blogging is travel. Yesterday, for example, I was in Brisbane for work and didn't get back to Melbourne until late. (I suppose another way of looking at it is that work quite often interferes with blogging ...)

It has occurred to me that I should overhaul my phone and get one of them there smartphones so I can blog on the road. I promise I'm going to look into this when I'm at home for Christmas.

Speaking of which - this post was really intending to be about my travel plans for the next few weeks. I've been in Australia for 4 1/2 months - the longest I've gone without crossing a national border since ... well, I don't know. (I've said it before but I think it bears repeating - it's not until you get to Australia that you realise quite how far it is from everywhere else.) That will all change on Monday when I go to Auckland. Yay! New Zealand! New country!

I'm spending two weeks in New Zealand and then I am flying from Auckland to LA to Toronto (to see LTBB and his lovely wife), back to LA and then on to London and then, finally, home to Dublin in time for Christmas. Lady Traveller is on the move!

No comments:

Post a Comment