SURELY NONE IS MORE EXCELLENT IN ITSELF AND ITS RESULTS, THAN THE POWER WHICH HAS BECOME THE RIGHT OF EVERY WOMAN WHO HAS THE MEANS TO ACHIEVE IT –
OF BECOMING HER OWN UNESCORTED AND INDEPENDENT PERSON, A LADY TRAVELLER. Lillias Campbell Davidson, Hints to Lady Travellers: At Home and Abroad
Tuesday 18 January 2011
Nice: Charmante, Elegante, Chouette, Super - and, yes, nice.
A SELECTION of ninethings to do in NICE on a sunny Monday afternoon in January.
1. Check out the antiques market in the Vieux Ville.
2. Lust after a yellow-painted (and oh-so-elegantly distressed) villa.
3. Drink a café.
4. Photograph the Roman/Italianate buildings.
5. Walk along the seafront to the Promenade des Anglais.
6. Have champagne cocktails at the Hotel Negresco.
7. Pose with the lady stationed at the door of the toilets in the hotel.
8. Enjoy a kir (while your designated driver looks on.)